Do you want to know how successful lawyers prepare for trial?
Do you feel unprepared to handle the countless tasks and issues that come up before and during trial? Do you feel overwhelmed by the rules of evidence? Or the prospect of going to trial?
Don’t let these fears stifle your practice. Don’t let your uncertainty affect the results you get for your clients. Understanding and knowing how to apply the rules of evidence is essential to effective advocacy. And these skills can be taught and learned.
No one is born a master trial lawyer. They’re trained.
Introducing Business Trial Academy…
Business Trial Academy was made for attorneys who want to take their practice to the next level.
With my proven framework, attorneys can master the rules of evidence and use them to persuasively present their case.
By combining the science of evidence and art of persuasion, lawyers litigate their next case with ease and confidence.
Here’s What You Get
Module 1: Jury Selection and Opening Statements
- Build credibility during voir dire
- Permissible versus impermissible "arguments" in opening statements
- Presenting “good” and “bad” facts persuasively
- A close look at People v. Michael Jackson, People v. Martha Stewart, McNair v. NCAA and more!
Module 2: Direct and Cross-Examination
- The purpose, preparation, and outline of direct examination
- How to advocate without leading on direct examination
- Arguing through (versus with) the witness on cross-examination
- How to control challenging witnesses
- Impeach and persuade with documents
- A close look at People v. OJ Simpson
Module 3: Expert Opinion Testimony
- Deposition strategy
- Challenging the bases for expert opinions
- California and federal rules for expert opinion testimony
- The “Daubert” test, and “Fit Test” in federal courts
- A close look at Sargon v. USC, People v. Sanchez, and more!
Module 4: Hearsay and Exclusions
- Quickly recognize and apply hearsay and spot potential exceptions
- Business records exception and other exceptions
- Prior statements in state versus federal court
- Character evidence and its application
- “Me too” witnesses and cross-examination of character witnesses
Module 5: Closing Argument
- Preparing for closing argument during trial and the dangers of “conventional wisdom”
- The use or non-use of verdict forms
- Golden rule argument prohibition
- A close look at Erin Andrews v. Marriott International
Business Trial Academy is for attorneys who want to…
Be fully prepared to litigate through trial
Practice law with confidence
Build credibility in and outside the courtroom
Excel preparing witnesses for trial
Master the rules of evidence
Here’s What Lawyers Have to Say About Business Trial Academy...
"I love your videos. I have been an attorney for 45 years and have won numerous multi million dollar judgments, including a judgement a couple of months ago for 58 million dollars. I feel like I am learning so much from watching these videos."
~ Nathan Goldberg
Allred, Maroko & Goldberg
"Dave is a fantastic and inspiring speaker. The Business Trial Academy delivers a great combination of big-picture theory, real examples, and useful trial techniques. I would highly recommend it!"
~ Christopher Kim
"I have been a trial attorney now for 45 years and Dave Sugden’s presentation on trial practice was brilliant. Even after all these years, I learned so many new things today about trial practice from the beginning of trial though closing argument. It was absolutely golden and I hope everybody has a chance to hear him talk about trial practice"
~ Wayne Call
30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee
We believe this is the best preparation for the day you battle in court, and we are willing to give a 30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.
For 30 days, you’ll get the knowledge and training that will serve you as a trial lawyer. And if you decide what we teach won't help in any way, we won’t keep a cent.
Enroll in Business Trial Academy today!
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a young lawyer. Will this work for me?
Yes, this course will help you acquire the necessary trial skills to win in court. You’ll walk away with relief, confidence, and clarity about your practice.
I’m a litigator, but rarely (if ever) go to trial. Is this course only for trial lawyers?
This course is for all litigators. Understanding the rules of evidence is imperative for all stages of litigation. From the pleading stage through summary judgment, understanding evidence is an imperative skillset. And knowing how to try a case gives you the confidence to have better leverage (as opposed to fear) during settlement negotiations.
I’m already swamped with work. You’re telling me I need to do more? I can barely keep up with email inbox…
But have you watched Netflix in the last few weeks? Have you browsed social media? My online courses don’t require a day away from the office. You can watch these courses from your computer or mobile device at your own pace. So before turning on Game of Thrones, spend ten minutes learning about the business records exception to the hearsay rule.
What makes this different from other MCLE courses?
My course isn’t just about rules or handing you information. I use a combination of big-picture theory, real examples, and trial techniques to sharpen your skills.
Can I really master the rules of evidence with your course?
Yes, with focus and commitment. Many past attendees have praised the material. Please check all the testimonials on this page (above). Looking forward to seeing you on the inside!